WASHINGTON, Jan. 12, 2023 –The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) has ratified a two-year agreement extension with McGee Air Services, an Alaska Airlines subsidiary, that will put over 2300 IAM members at McGee Air Services at one of the highest pay scale levels for airline operation vendors in the industry.
The IAM organized McGee Air Services in July 2016. The tentative agreement extension covers IAM members who work in Phoenix, AZ; San Jose, CA; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA; and Paine Field, WA.
- A 5% wage increase at all steps in all locations on the date of ratification.
- Additional wage steps for employees with +48 months and +60 months (an additional $.25 increase at each step.)
- Contractual Pay raises in accordance with the contract in July 2024, July 2025, and during the amendable period.
- $1275.00 ratification bonus payable within thirty (30) days of ratification.
- Increased lead differential from $2.50 to $6.00
- Increased PTO accruals and maximum hours banked.
- 401k plan to be implemented 6/1/2023
- $50,000 life insurance policy for all employees paid for by Company effective 6/1/2023
- Enhanced grievance procedure
“Our representatives did a great job educating the membership about the benefits of this agreement,” said IAM Air Transport Territory General Vice President Richie Johnsen. “This agreement is leading the way in the airline vendor industry. This agreement dealt directly with the concerns of our members at McGee. We hope we build upon this two-year agreement and continue improving on the wages and benefits achieved in this contract.”
“Our members called for this agreement extension, and I am happy that our team was able to deliver for the membership,” said IAM District 142 President and Directing General Chair John Coveny. “We stood in solidarity to achieve increased wages and benefits over the next two years. I am proud of what we accomplished in such a short period. Our work does not end here. Our members at McGee will continue to work on the next steps once this agreement extension is complete. This agreement will impact companies similar to McGee Air Services, and our leadership team will continue raising the bar in this sector.”
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers is one of North America’s largest and most diverse industrial trade unions, representing approximately 600,000 active and retired members in the aerospace, defense, airlines, railroad, transit, healthcare, automotive, and other industries.
The post Machinists Union Members at McGee Air Services Overwhelmingly Ratify Leading Agreement in Airline Operations appeared first on IAMAW.